Sunday, April 10, 2011

Don't be afraid

I have just read some posts on blogs from our dear friends doing this amazing course. Some have been very honest and said they have very little or no experience at all with webtools and they may at first feel a bit afraid of making mistakes. Isn't it 100% human? We are all afraid of the unknown.
However, as part of such a culturally rich group and being surrounded by people who really want to share, I am sure everybody will feel very comfortable and make a lot of progress in a short period of time.
I have been getting my hands dirty for quite some time now and I feel fascinated by this tech world because there is just so much available. It's only natural we feel overwhelmed at times but we must not forget that as time goes by and with the necessary amount of practice, things get clearer and we feel more at ease trying new tools.
The video I am sharing here is a great example of this situation. Every tool around us has been tested before and I am sure the first brave people who came across them may have felt afraid at first.
Hope you like it and have some fun as well. I also look forward to reading your comments.

4 comments:

  1. Gil,

    I think you'll like this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDCiwKKIZmY&feature=related

    Curiosity is key!

    Helô

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply loved it!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was watching an interview with Angela Levy - Alumni co-founder - last night and she raised this very issue of taking the bull by its horns...

    Yes, don't be afraid...

    Here's the interview:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmpM8BrayqM

    As you are also into translation and interpretation, you might like it!

    Helô

    ReplyDelete