Sunday, May 29, 2011

Week 8


Another week is coming to an end and once again we have had the chance to learn a lot of new things from and with each other. The one tool that was realy new for me was ANVILL - A National Virtual Language Lab.It was a great opportunity to go back in time and see how things have improved since I started learning English back in the early 80's. I am really glad we have so many new, appealing, effective tools to offer our learners nowadays. The days of meaningless, boring repetition and recording to cassettes (!) are past and gone.
I have also managed to write the draft to my final project and share it with a peer to be analyzed and improved. It is still a work in progress specially because the students I have selected for it have not been able to produce much as it was first agreed. Time has been on the way again and I must find a solution to this problem.
As we had to create something for the course making use of any tool/website we have been introduced to so far, I have decided to create a class using NICENET for a group of novice teachers at the Binational Center where I teach. I really believe this is going to be very useful for them to express their opinions and develop critical thinking.
All in all, a very enriching week and a preparation for the conclusion of the course.
As I love music in the classroom I have just remembered this song that may be quite appropriate for the moment we are living.



Welcome week 9!

No comments:

Post a Comment